Thread: How does moving to a new state affect my SSI payment?

How does moving to a new state affect my SSI payment?

I want to move from calif to nevada i want to know if it will affect my disability and ssi

Help with your disability claim questions.
    The Social Security Administration provides the following information on SSI payments for California and Nevada:

“The state of California adds money to the federal payment. The single payment you get in the beginning of each month includes both the federal SSI payment and your supplement from California.
    The State of Nevada pays optional state supplement to all aged and blind SSI recipients. The State of Nevada does not offer state supplement to disabled persons unless you are a member of an eligible couple with an aged or blind partner or if you reside in an institution where Medical Assistance pays for more than 50% of your care. The single payment you get in the beginning of each month includes both the federal SSI payment and your supplement from Nevada.”

Given this information, it is likely that if you move from California to Nevada your SSI payment could be reduced. Contact the Social Security Administration for more information by calling 1-800-772-1213.
    Trouble getting Disability Benefits? Find a disability advocate to help you with your Social Security Disability Claim.