Do You Need Help With Your Disability Claim?

Disability Attorneys and Advocates can help you in all phases of the disability claim process.

Contact an advocate today for your FREE case evaluation!

Free Online Evaluation!

Can I Get Social Security Disability for Cryoglobulinemia

Can I get Social Security Disability for cryoglobulinemia? If you are asking this question, it is probably because you have this disease, and it and/or complications resulting from it or other debilitating conditions that you have along with it are why you are disabled, unable to work and in need of financial assistance. filing-for-disability Vasculitis is a general medical term that is used for a class of rare diseases that are evidenced by inflammation in and damage to the walls of your affected blood vessels. Your blood vessels are what make up your vascular system. Vasculitides As a group, these diseases are referred to as vasculitides. Each one of the vasculitides is identified by laboratory test abnormalities, specific patterns of organ involvement and dispersal of blood vessel involvement. Cryoglobulinemia is one of the vasculitides. The literal meaning of cryoglobulinemia is “cold antibody in the blood”. Cryoglobulinemia is a disease in which you have cryoglobulins in your blood. Cryoglobulins are abnormal antibodies that clump together (precipitate) at cold temperatures. Then, when your body returns to normal body temperature, they redissolve. If you have cryoglobulinemia, when you are exposed to the cold, the abnormal antibodies can block blood vessels all over your body. Three types Cryoglobulinemia is divided into three types. Each type is determined by the kind of antibody that is produced. Type I is usually associated with cancer of the blood or your immune system. Types II and III are known as mixed cryoglobulinemia. These two forms of the disease usually occur in people who have a chronic (long-lasting) inflammatory disorder, such as hepatitis C or an autoimmune disease. Around 10 to 15% of cryoglobulinemia is accounted for by Type I. About 50 to 60% of cryoglobulinemia are Type II, and Type III accounts for 25 to 30% of the disease. Clump together No one knows why these abnormal antibodies clump together in cold temperatures. However, Type I is often related to cancer of the blood, and over 90% of Types II and III are related to hepatitis C. The signs and symptoms of cryoglobulinemia are determined by which type of the disease you have, and which of your organs are affected by the disease. However, generally speaking, some of the signs and symptoms include: Fatigue Muscle pain Ulceration of your skin Joint pain Difficulty breathing Skin death Red or purple discolorations of your skin (purpura) Glomerulonephritis (a type of kidney disease) Raynaud’s phenomenon (your fingers and toes become pale when exposed to cold). Again, you may have cryoglobulinemia. This disease and/or complications that have resulted from it or other debilitating ailments that you have along with it are why you are disabled, unable to work and in need of financial assistance. You may have applied for the financial assistance that you need from the Social Security Administration by applying for Social Security Disability. Were you denied? Important fact If you intend to reapply or appeal your denial, remember this important fact. People who are represented by a disability attorney like the one at disabilitycasereview.com, are approved more often than people without an attorney. Why not contact the disability attorney at disabilitycasereview.com, and have your case evaluated at no cost or obligation to you. Article written by James Shugart Connect with James on Google+