Social Security Disability in Denver, COQualify for Disability Benefits Insurance in Denver
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) in Denver is provided by the Federal Government for claimants who can no longer perform substantial gainful activity (SGA) due to a severe mental or physical health condition which is expected to last for at least 12 continuous months or result in their death.
Social Security Disability Insurance in Denver is financed through Social Security employment taxes paid by employers and employees. Denver SSDI benefits are only paid to claimants who have worked and paid enough taxes to be considered "insured" by the Social Security Administration. The amount of work credits needed to qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance in Denver can vary based on the claimant's age at the time of disability. Most full-time workers can earn approximately 4 work credits per year and will need 20-40 work credits to qualify for SSDI.
Social Security Disability Insurance in Denver may also be available for widows, widowers, or dependents of a wage earner who is deceased, retired or disabled and is receiving or has received SSDI benefits.
What if a claimant is not insured and cannot qualify for SSDI in Denver? Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is paid to the aged (65 years or older), blind or disabled who are not considered "insured" by the Federal Government but need cash assistance to meet their minimum monthly expenses. Denver Supplemental Security Income is a "needs" based program and is only provided to claimants who have very limited income and resources and who meet additional non-economic considerations. Claimants who qualify for SSI in Denver may also qualify for Medicaid, in most states.
back to top
Denver Social Security AttorneysWhat will a disability lawyer in Denver do for me?
Social Security Disability Income is provided by the federal government to the disabled, through the Social Security Administration. To qualify for receiving this maintenance amount, you should have:
- Been employed and contributed to the program through salaried income or taxes, for at least ten of your past twenty quarters annually, or
- A disability or impairment that prevents you from working and earning an income for at least twelve months.
It is important to know that seventy percent of the disability claims are rejected by the Social Security Administration; many just on the basis of incorrect or incomplete paperwork, or incomplete procedural formalities. Therefore, although the law allows you to represent yourself, it is advisable to engage the services of a Denver disability attorney or social security benefits advocate to look after your claims.
(Click here for a FREE consultation with a social security disability lawyer)
Our Denver SSI/SSDI attorneys or advocate will:
- Denver disability lawyers complete and submit all documentation for all your appeals.
- The SSDI or SSI lawyer can also compile a detailed record of your medical history and your present health condition.
- Gather witnesses and experts and prepare them for the hearings.
- Collect expert opinions and make arrangements for medical examinations.
- The social security lawyer will also explore all avenues to strengthen your case, represent you in every hearing and also approach the United States Supreme Court, if necessary.
You can depend on our Denver social service disability lawyers to support you all the way, till you get your due.
If you are considering filing a disability claim, remember that time is an important factor. Your case gets weaker with the passage of time, as details and documents get lost. So call our sponsoring Denver social service disability lawyers immediately for a free consultation. We also offer our services in Boulder, Canon City, Colorado Springs, Aspen and Aurora.
back to top
Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits
You do have a few options when applying for social security like SSI or SSDI benefits in the Denver area. If you live in Denver, Colorado, or any one of the surrounding cities such as: Commerce City, Lakewood, Arvada, Englewood or Centennial, and you wish to apply for Social Security Disability benefits you can contact the Social Security Administration in any of the following ways:
- Apply for disability by phone and see if you qualify for social security by calling the SSA's Office at 1-800-772-1213
- Or you can always try filing and applying for benefits from your computer, online at www.socialsecurity.gov
- Go in person and see try qualifying for disability benefits at the local social security office. Make an appointment to meet with a Denver Social Security Administration Office representative. To locate the nearest office in your area go to the www.socialsecurity.gov website and find the office locator page. Enter your zip code and the nearest Social Security Regional Office in your area will be listed. We have also included a list of local offices on this page for your added convenience.
- Your completed Social Security Disability application will be sent to the appropriate SSA Office for processing.
back to top
Social Security Administration Office of Disability Adjudication (ODAR)
for the Denver Region
If a claimant's application is denied the claimant has 60 days to file their appeal. There are several steps in the appeal process but if the claimant is at hearing level the hearings are scheduled and managed through the Social Security Administration Office of Disability Adjudication and Review for the Denver Region which services residents of Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. You can reach the Denver Regional Office at the address below.
Social Security Administration
Office of Disability and Adjudication and Review (ODAR),
1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 600,
Denver, Colorado 80203-3584
Telephone: (888) 397-9803
Fax: (303) 844-6092
Each request for a hearing is processed by one of the Social Security Administration's 5 hearing offices and 4 satellite offices in the Denver Region. The address and phone number for the Denver ODAR office is listed below.
SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review,
1244 Speer Boulevard, Suite 752,
Denver, Colorado 80204-3584
Telephone: (888) 383-8889
Fax: (303) 844-5817
The Denver ODAR services the following Social Security Field offices in Colorado: Aurora, Denver, Boulder, Englewood, Lakewood, Fort Collins and Greeley.
back to top
Disability Determination Services in Denver
Completed Social Security Disability Benefits applications are sent to the appropriate Division of Disability Determination Service Office (DDS). It may take up to 90 days to receive an answer of whether or not you have been approved for Social Security Disability benefits.
Disability Determination Services,
2530 South Parker Road,
Aurora, Colorado 80014-1641
back to top
Social Security Office in Denver
According to the Social Security Administration, the SSA field offices in Colorado perform a full range of services. Claimants may apply for SSDI or SSI, replace their Social Security cards, make changes to their benefits information or the SSA will help Medicare beneficiaries with limited income and resources apply for extra help with the cost of their prescription drugs under the new Medicare Prescription Drug Program. We have included the Denver social security office below for your reference. It is wise to always call ahead to confirm that the office can handle your situation.
Social Security Administration,
1500 Champa St,
2nd Floor, Suite 200,
Denver, CO 80202
If you can't find answers to your questions, complete the Free Case Evaluation and a Social Security Disability advocate will contact you to discuss your case.